Effective and Last Modified Date: August 30, 2022
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE SITES AND ALL ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND SYSTEMS ARE HOUSED ON SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, INFORMATION WE COLLECT (INCLUDING COOKIES) ARE PROCESSED AND STORED IN THE UNITED STATES, WHICH MAY NOT OFFER THE SAME LEVEL OF PRIVACY PROTECTION AS THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU RESIDE OR ARE A CITIZEN.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect data to provide the products and services you request, ease your navigation on our Sites, communicate with you, and improve your experience using our products and services. Some of this information is provided by you directly, such as when you create an account on our Sites, or purchase a product or service. Some of the information is collected through your interactions with our Sites, products and services. We collect such data using technologies like Cookies (as defined below) and other tracking technologies, error reports, and usage data collected when you interact with our Sites, services, or products running on your device.
We also obtain data from third parties or use third parties to assist us with data collection. In addition, we utilize Third Party Services to collect usage data.
The data we collect depends on the Sites, products, services and features thereof that you use, and includes the following:
- Identifiers or Personal Contact Information, including your first and last name, physical address, email address, phone number, company name, and other similar contact information.
- Credentials, including passwords and related security information used for authentication and account access and information security purposes.
- Commercial Information and Related Transaction Information, including billing address, payment method (debit or credit card number), items purchased, order status, and related contact information.
- Preference Information, including your preferred products and products that may be of interest.
- Contact Preference Information, including your preferred method of receiving marketing communications (email, text, or physical mail).
- Profile and Account Information, including contact information, purchase information, product, and communication preferences, account credentials, and other information about your profile or account.
- Information You Share During Communications and Interactions With Us, which may include the content of email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls.
- Location Data, including IP address and internet service provider information that may allow us to estimate your general location.
- Internet and Device Network Activity, including information about your browsing activity, IP address, unique device identifiers, Cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. We may also collect information about when and how you access and use our Sites, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites visited before and after visiting our Sites, how you navigate and what you search for on the Sites, the pages visited on the Sites, and items you view and with which you interact.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information that we collect from customers and visitors for the purposes of:
- providing our products and services;
- providing ongoing support;
- communicating with you, including promotional communications and customer relationship management (“CRM”);
- providing information about other products and services;
- helping us run our company, for example to improve our products and services or our security, train staff or perform marketing activities, including CRM;
- complying with our legal obligations; and
- accounting and other administrative purposes.
Examples of the uses of information include:
Providing Products and Services. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide products and services to you. Often, this includes personal information such as email, name and address.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose and address problems and provide other customer and support services.
- Product activation. We use data, including device and application type, location, and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers to activate software and devices that require activation.
Improving Products and Services. We use data to continually improve our products and services, including adding new features or capabilities. Data is collected throughout your interactions with our products and services that enable us to understand customer usage and tailor future capabilities.
We track general, non-personalized information (e.g., operating system, browser version and type of device being used) to know how many people visit specific pages of our Sites or utilize specific areas of our products and services so that we may improve those products and services.
Please note that we use IP addresses on a highly restrictive basis to analyze trends, to administer the site, and to collect general information for aggregate use.
Marketing and Event Communication. We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, direct mail, social media, and online via our Sites. We also may send you invitations to trade shows or trainings relating to our products and services that occur nearby you, based on your address.
Third parties may also market to you on our behalf based on your use of their third-party services. For example, some tradeshow organizers may collect precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) data when you grant permission through your mobile device’s system settings. Once you give permission, the tradeshow organizer may use your mobile device’s GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections to serve geo-targeted information about us, such as booth location. You should consult and review the relevant third-party privacy statement or policy for information on their data processing practices.
If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. We also maintain email preference centers for you to manage your information and marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
Processing Payments. If you make a payment to us, we will ask for payment data and other information requested for processing your payment.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may provide your personal information to:
- our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries;
- outsourced service providers who perform functions on our behalf. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction;
- our authorized agents and representatives who sell products or provide services on our behalf, such as product resellers;
- anyone expressly authorized by you to receive your personal information; and
- anyone to whom we are required by law to disclose personal information, upon valid and enforceable request thereof.
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal processes, including from law enforcement or other government agencies, upon valid and enforceable request thereof; or
- operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
- Strictly Necessary: These Cookies are necessary for the Sites and products and services to work properly. They include any essential authentication and authorization Cookies for our Sites, products and services.
- Functionality: These Cookies enable technical performance and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing our Sites, including any preferences you set. They also include sign-in and authentication Cookies and IDs that enable you to return without additional sign-in.
- Performance/Analytical: These Cookies allow us to collect certain information about how you navigate the Sites or utilize the products and services running on your device. They help us understand which areas you use and what we can do to improve them.
- Targeting: These Cookies are used to deliver relevant information related to our products and services to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which has previously been used to visit our Sites. Some of these types of Cookies on our Sites are operated by third parties with our permission and are used to identify advertising sources that are effectively driving customers to our Sites.
- Google Chrome, available at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Edge, available at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox, available at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, available at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera, available at https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Apple Safari, available at https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac
Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal information, including Your Content, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
Please note that some of our Sites, products and services may direct you to services of third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal information to any of those services, your data is governed by their privacy statements or policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. Please review the privacy policies for these other websites to understand how they process your information.
We require third parties to only use your personal information for the specific purpose for which it was given to us and to protect the privacy of your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties who agree to keep your information confidential.
HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Depending on the circumstances, we may hold your information in hard copy and/or electronic form. For each medium, we use technologies and procedures to protect personal information. We review our strategies and update as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
These measures include, but are not limited to, technical and organizational security policies and procedures, security controls and employee training.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials for the services. We will treat access to the Sites, products and services through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Sites, products and services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.
If we become aware of a breach that affects the security of your personal information, we will provide you with notice as required by applicable law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will provide any such notice that we must provide to you at your account’s email address. By using the Sites, products and services, you agree to accept notice electronically.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your right to access and control your personal information. You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal information that is not necessary for the purposes of providing you with our Sites, products and services, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a Site, product or service, you may not have access to certain features, Sites, products, or services.
It is your responsibility to ensure all personal information that we hold is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If your personal information changes, you can update it using the Settings option under My Account when you are logged into the Site. We are not responsible for any gap in services or access to the Sites if we rely on out-of-date information that you provide.
Marketing preferences: If you have provided us with your contact information, we may, subject to the CAN-SPAM Act or any similar regulation, as applicable, contact you via e-mail, postal mail or telephone about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you, including our newsletter.
E-mail communications you receive from us will generally provide an unsubscribe link allowing you to opt-out of receiving future e-mail or to change your contact preferences. E-mail communications may also include a link to directly update and manage your marketing preferences. If you have a web account with us, you can also change your contact preferences through the Settings section of the applicable Site. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
You can also request changes to your account by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
While this information on its own may not constitute your personal information, we may combine the information we collect via Cookies with personal information that we have collected from you to learn more about how you use our Sites and products to improve them.
Types of Cookies
We use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them). To make it easier for you to understand why we need them, the Cookies we use on our Sites and products and services can be grouped into the following categories:
Cookies Set by Third Party Websites
To enhance our content and to deliver a better online experience for our users, we sometimes embed images and videos from other websites on the Sites. We currently use, and may in the future use, content from websites such as YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You may be presented with Cookies from these third-party websites. Please note that we do not control these Cookies. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own privacy statements or policies. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, using Cookies or other means. You should consult and review the relevant third-party privacy statement or policy for information on how these Cookies are used and how you can control them.
We also embed social sharing icons throughout our Sites. These sharing options are designed to enable users to easily share content from our Sites with others using a variety of different social networks. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these services. These services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set Cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the services and do not participate in social sharing on the services.
Other Similar Technologies
Our Sites may use other technologies such as web beacons to help deliver Cookies on our Sites and count users who have visited those websites. We also may include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them, as well as for statistical purposes.
In addition to standard Cookies and web beacons, our services can also use other similar technologies to store and read data files on your computer. This is typically done to maintain your preferences or to improve speed and performance by storing certain files locally.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
Cookies can be controlled, blocked or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All Cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your Cookie preferences across these environments.
Find out how to manage Cookies on popular browsers:
If you are using a mobile device to access the Sites, you will need to refer to your instruction manual or other help/settings resource to find out how you can control Cookies on your device.
Please note: If you restrict, disable or block any or all Cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Sites may not operate properly, and you may not have access to our products and services available through the Sites. We shall not be liable for any impossibility to use the Sites, products and services or degraded functioning thereof, where such are caused by your settings and choices regarding Cookies.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including us, do not respond to DNT signals.
Sites are Not Intended for Children
You must be at least 18 years old to use the Sites, products or services. The Sites, products or services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that we received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to inform the child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) that he or she cannot use the Sites, products or services.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our collection and use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Digital Check Corp.
Attention: Consumer Privacy Relations
630 Dundee Rd.
Northbrook, IL 60062 USA